Wednesday, June 5, 2013

..hunting lessons :P

Its depressing
The never ending hunt for grooms. Its depressing because I haven’t yet viewed a profile that screams “marry me, I am the one for you.”  I thought it will be fun, but after going through numerous profiles I realised why people go for love marriages. There is no fun people. Everyone is so serious, and over age. I’m 22 when I am writing this, and every single interest/ proposal I’ve got so far is 27-28. Looks like rest of the folks decided to find themselves brides without the aid of matrimony site.
And, what I cannot understand is my father’s need to get me hitched off this fast!
Yes, my horoscope says that I have to be married before 24, or wait after 30 (yes we believe in that stuff..!), above that, mine is a sudhajathakam, something difficult to find, and if found difficult to match (discovered dashasanthi recently.. :P), and adding to it even thinking about living off with a complete stranger, doesn't look glamorous at all. Nope, not anymore.
When I was a kid, I used to love marriages, loads of people, loads of goodies, and loads of fanfare. Cousins ragging the to be bride/groom, meaningful looks (none understood then, but now, its a different story :P) passed around, snide comments, general happiness around. And I've had cliched images built up even then in my mind about the marriage(aided by the films and serials mainly), and I couldn't wait to grow up and get married!!
But I didn't expect this sense of insecurity. Its even scary. Every parent is looking for a good homely girl to complete their son’ s life. No one wants a fun loving, slightly eccentric, highly emotional, overly sensitive, in short, a real person for their son. Not that my profile exhibits these characteristics, my profile is ideal one. Any unsuspecting parent will certainly love it, NO, I’m not being fake. I can adjust, trust me I can adjust well enough. It will like killing off existing me, and replacing an impeccable daughter-in-law.

But, I do not want that. Is it too much to ask, to continue like I am now, carefree, talkative, reacting little girl of the family. Couldn’t growing up wait a little more..??? We hear amazing stories about fantastic couples who came together through arranged marriages, all I am asking for is a fairytale, can I get one..?? L


2 comments:

  1. hello.. i accidently came to this blog and was stuck .. read most of it... you know what?? i can relate to what you write ..though i have never fancied getting a tattoo, but i know dat feeling of having a fantasy and longing for the day it'll come true (impatiently ).. "I love to travel, but so far I've been to nowhere in my list(a pretty long one too)." and this sentence of yours holds true for me too :P :P so may i now know your list of places ?? :P
    p.s : this post z too scary :( :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. my list is pretty simple- I love mountains, rivers and nature as a whole. So I'd like to be in places with mountains and rivers :P
    Also, I'd like to see for myself the magic people claim about Paris, Venice,Singapore,Dubai,Malaysia and those lovely countries.
    And may be trip in cruise ship sometimes.. (I should really stop watching TLC and stop reading "traveller" or I'm gonna end up pretty unfulfilled..!!)

    ReplyDelete