Monday, June 10, 2013

.. a happy day :)

From time immemorial, I've only prayed or taken the God’s name when things get difficult. Difficult has different interpretation at different ages, at 8 it was when I broke the torch, and stacked it away  in the shelf. At 12, it was when I lost yet again another gold earring. At 15, it was when board results announced and I didn't quite make the mark everybody expected I’d get. At 17 it was when I didn't get through the medical entrance (the aftershocks of which I still experience even now, once in every year my mother reminds me that I could have been doing MBBS, when the fact is that I've completed my B.tech, and that was done really well too). And now, well it defines a whole new set of things..!!
I started writing personal diary a long time back, almost into my 10th standard. I took up all those diaries and read through it, and what I realized was that all the days I've written something were the sad days. Even then I used to overdo stuff.. the tear stains through the spread ink was very much visible. So, in short, anyone going through my personal diary (like when I end up dead/famous, and the world/nosy kids/grandkids wanted to know the thoughts in the little prodigy me) all they are gonna end up with will be a detailed version of whining me, saying how unfair my life is, how partial my parents are to my brother, how high school musical is never even close to my high school experience, and a detailed description of how my life would have been, had I been born as a princess(I used to, and still have a very vivid imagination..!!).

There was not a single happy day recorded.

But I had plenty of those days. Between my two types of hormones, crappy people, and mind numbing assignments, I have had some of the awesomest days ever. It’s just that I never wrote down anything when I am happy. I don’t need God or my diary when I am happy (that’s a blasphemous thought, but I do not mean it like that.. I do need God when I am happy, I just tend to forget that a bit). So, I am writing this post, to remind me that I had plenty of happy days, and I’m most grateful for all of those.

And, now again I’m happy, because I had a good talking session with another kindred spirit (I fell in love with the word “kindred spirit” after reading Anne Of Green Gables) , someone other than my friend actually read and commented on one of my post, and it didn't rain a single drop today(I love rain, but week-long rain leaves all the clothes damp and hard to dry).
So, that’s it. I am happy. And every single time I come across this post, I will be happy again. J

Things that make me happy:-
1. Good book
2. Good films
3. Good food
4. Travelling
5. Good talking session with my friends
6. Hot maggi and tea on a rainy evening
7. Being home alone
8. Getting control of tv remote
9. High balance on phone+ net offer+ message offer
10. New shoes
11. New clothes, and
12. Black diamond ring ;)
See, I’m a simple person :P



2 comments: